Project 8 : Oh yeah !

Hi ! I am excited about this project ! Can you guess? Nope, not sewing.  It's a crochet doll ! For a long time I wanted to make one of those crochet dolls with a hood.  It's my first so please be nice.

the book
ISBN978-4-8347-2761-6
the project

my zakka inspired spin

The doll reminds me of a Japanese baby toy my son had. The next time I visit Japan I will haunt for the toy that haunts my memories.  It's one of those things that I wish I kept.

Do you like to crochet? Here are a few gems .... 


this site has other cool free amigurumi patterns



this blogger has over 1800 followers..worth a look-see at her other wonderful projects!

Happy Day (^*^)
kat

8 comments:

  1. Yours is even cuter than the one in the book!
    It reminds me of little red riding hood.
    Love that you used fabric for her face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bits of Stitching~
      thank you! I have her on my sewing table to keep me company ~

      Delete
  2. Ooo! I adore the tiny girl in red hood you made :D It came out so well Kat, nicely done! How did you do the face on this? Fabric then painted eyes? And the hair is really cute too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Beth ~~ thank you ~ the eyes are little brown felt circles..& the eyelashes and eyebrows are stitched in brown embridery thread...took me awhile to design her face...sigh.

      Delete
  3. I love your version...so adorable :) Thank you for sharing. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi T.C. ~ thank you (^-^) It took a bit of time to figure out her face but it worked out in the end..what a relief!

      Delete
  4. i fell in love with the dolls... they are so adorable

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi All Hand-made Crafts! Thank You :0) I really love your bookmarks...so whimsical + cute ! And I love cute !

    ReplyDelete