Valentines Is In the Air

I am sitting on the sofa, in my pajamas..and it's 1:45 PM.  It's cold, it's dark, it's dreary.  I wish for a fireplace to warm me up...but a fireplace in Hawaii?  A toasty cup of cocoa will have to do ... with a delicious Valentine brownie ...

I must confess though, these are BOXED mix brownies.  Wait, don't throw my brownies out the window!  These delicious brownies are doctored up for one with more flavor with a cakey texture.
I've had my share of tough, dry, skinny, over-chewy brownies from mixes.  So I am in love with these brownies! 

Doctored Up Brownie Mix Recipe
9 inch x 13 inch pan
350 degrees

2 boxes brownie mix (either Ghirardelli or Duncan Hines or your own fav)
4 large eggs
1 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate morsels
1/2 cup water
1 block (1/2 cup) butter, soften until almost softened
2 T unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tsp vanilla

Mix ingredients until well combined.  Bake in a 350 degree preheated oven for 25 to 35 minutes.
Add nuts if you like.

 Since I'm on the subject of Valentine's, I made these cards for my pen pals in North Carolina...

I added a bit of fabric tape to the cellophane envelope.  Fabric tapes are a wonderful way to use fabric scraps to add a bit of whimsy to gift wraps, scrapbook pages, handmade cards, gift tags ... and they are so easy to make.

Cut fabric strips into desired width
Place double sided sticky tape on the back side
Cut to desired lengths
DONE

I did a google search on 'fabric tape tutorials' and was amazed at what's out there. Here's a popular tutorial on how to make packaging tape from fabric from Simply Modern Mom

Image from Simply Modern Mom
As much as I love fabric tapes.. I'm really loving these gorgeous paper tapes from Cathe's JUST SOMETHING I MADE website...
Image from JUST SOMETHING I MADE website
Happy Day ^*^
kat

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for all the eye-candy and the recipe. I think you already know by now how much I love your blog so I wanted to let you know that I gave you an award at my blog. It’s just to show some love, so don’t feel forced to follow the steps. I don’t want to spam anyone. ;)

    http://crafty-adventures.blogspot.com/2012/02/i-received-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yadira ~ thank you soooooo much ! you are truly a great craftster friend :0)
      happy day ~

      Delete