Project 5 : A Prototype for a Fussy-Less Bag

My HOLY MOLY I HAVE TOO MANY CRAFT BOOKS CHALLENGE : PROJECT 5

 I daresay that this bag was a bit of a challenge.  I always liked its silhouette .. casual and unassuming ...no fussiness.  I took up this bag many moons ago but never finished it. The reason, you ask? ... the !!#&#!! instructions mystified me.  As much as I stared at the instructional pictures, I could not decipher how one got from point A to point C.  What made this time different?  A couple of things ... I glared at the pictures of the finished bag to catch any clues plus since my first try with this bag, I've gained a bit of sewing experience. 

It was the handles and its casing that threw me off.  Now that I've gone through the process, it all seems so obvious! sigh.
ISBN978-4-07-264489-8

I'm so happy that this unfinished bag is no longer in my 'I don't want to throw this out yet because I may finish it one day' pile.  HMMMM..there just might have another 'precious' lurking in that pile to be finished in this challenge....

Now for food talk...The other week, my son wanted me to try a recipe for BRIOCHE hamburger buns. I'm not sure a BRIOCHE is but hey, I was game.  The recipe is from a blog SHE SIMMERS: THAI FOOD HOME COOKING.  

How gorgeous are these hamburger buns??!! The recipe is fairly simple, with a Kitchen Aid stand mixer doing all the work.  The recipe includes 4 eggs and 3/4 cup of butter, making a very sticky dough.
My favorite part when baking bread (yes, the smells from the oven) is the pillowy softness of the dough after the first rise, when it's ready for shaping.  I cannot explain in words, but that soft, smooth, cool texture startles and delights me each time.

My son loved the buns but HATED my hamburger patty ! He's a grouchy man like his dad. :0(

Until next time...
Happy Day (*^-^*)
kat


3 comments:

  1. The bag you made looks fantastic, I wish I could sew things like this but I don't have that much patience.

    http://strawberrybox-serenie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Serenie ~ Welcome ! I took a look at your blog and see that you like beading...Very nice!! :0)

      Delete