A New Chapter

One cannot enter the new year without a thought or two to modify one's bad habits. I use the word 'thought' instead of the word 'resolution' because it's all about the reality...a thought is fleeting; a resolution is firm.  I don't ever stick to my resolution ( in spite of my resolve on day one) so in reality I have a list of 'thoughts about resolutions'.  This is deep stuff I'm sharing here. 

I do have a couple of things on my "thoughts about resolutions" list ...


Stop to Smell the Flowers

...and the Bread...I love the smell of baking bread..

I am delighted that this will be a 'go with the flow' year.  The advantage with this is I am not setting myself to failure, angst, and self destruction...BUT to SIMPLY ENJOY...

Before I leave...I gotta show you a picture of my BAKED HAM ... oh yeah, when I pulled this guy out of the oven, I indulged myself with a quick bite...it was so delicious...ever so tender and moist.


The recipe is from an old work colleague's mother named Edith. 

THE RECIPE
1 Ham about 12 pounds
10 whole cloves
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 can pineapple slices (small can)
1/2 to 3/4 cup maple syrup

Lightly score ham and top with cloves.  Pack ham with brown sugar.  Secure pineapple slices with toothpicks.  Pour maple syrup over the entire ham.  Bake at 275 degrees for 4 to 5 hours; covered with foil.   Baste every 30 minutes.  Save pan drippings, pour off excess fat.  Slice ham and serve with drippings.
enjoy. 

happy day (*^-^*)
kat

No comments:

Post a Comment