It's A Sweet Word

Oh my poor etsy shop is suffering from lack of attention.  I often start a day wanting to sew but the day silently slips away until its time for dinner and WATCHING TV (The Big Bang Theory, NCIS LA, Fringe, Desperate Housewives, Project Runway, Amazing Race, Survivor ....).  Today, lunch with Aunty and Uncle, a trip to Lowe's Hardware to find a piece of nice wood to use as backdrop for my pics, snacking on sour cream banana bread made by Aunty, taking a gazillion pics of things made, some blogging...and now it's 4:36 PM...and here we are...with Saturday silently slipping away. 

My plan is to work on a tutorial tomorrow for that extended zipper pouch I blogged about here. Wish me luck!

Here is a pouch adorned with a crochet design; my recent project.  I used a pattern from one of my Japanese crochet books.  It was difficult at times to figure the pattern out, especially the "w"! My other challenge was the lace zipper; being unsure how to sew it on.   I ended up hand sewing the lining.  A lot of work but I like how sweet the pouch looks.

Have you ever worked with a lace zipper?  Any tips on how to sew it to a pouch? 

I like how the pine wood from Lowe's Hardware works with the natural look of the pouch ^^


 happy day ^^
kat

No comments:

Post a Comment