New Pouch Design!

in my shop
I am so happy with my new pouch design, it being more 'sophisticated' than my usual kawaii fare.  The idea is adapted from a Japanese craft book, of course.  The design is meant to mimic a dress or shirt style with pin tucks.

It took about 3 messy tries before becoming comfortable with sewing pin tucks, something new to me.  With each attempt came different approaches in measurements and sewing, thinking through how to make the process more efficient, to create a cleaner look, and to make it less prone to error. Yup, it took a while.


I only hope I can replicate this pouch, with only a rectangle piece of graph paper as a pattern and having failed to document the steps as I went along, it will be a challenge.  Yikes! 

{happy day}

No comments:

Post a Comment