A Happy Spring Card

This blog of mine started with 3 choices...baking? paper crafting? Japanese crafting?  I love, love, love baking;  yummy cakes, pies, breads, brownies, and whatever Martha bakes. The problem is that baking =  exploding fat cells. And as a Lifetime Weightwatchers member there was no way I would grow a muffin top belly for a blog. heh.

So it was on to choice two; paper crafting.  I'm addicted to paper crafting and I need help.  I invested tons of money into rubber stamps, gel pens, water colored pencils, die cut machines, glues, scissors, card stocks, spools of ribbons, containers to hold all my junk; the buying was endless.  This avenue was filled with possible paths; entering contests, designing with sights of a possible magazine entry, & joining an extensive community of paper crafters.  I do love paper crafting...

But as you already know, I decided to get in touch with the Japanese in me. Not sure why because up to that time, I was merely a collector of Japanese craft books; taking joy in simply perusing the books.  If I had to choose a reason, I think it's because I WANTED TO MAKE ALL THINGS KAWAII.

I'm happy.  I love having this blog to share my adventures in learning all things zakka and on occasion to share my two other loves.

I leave you with this Spring card made for a special girl; Julia.



This card is made using a paper piecing method; using this tutorial from Split Coast Stampers. This method involves stamping the image on different card stock then cutting the pieces and fitting them back together to form your image...it was like playing with a paper doll! very fun...

...till next time...

3 comments:

  1. omg so lovely! I love your work, its sooo cute ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Helen ~ Thank you so much for your visiting this little blog of mine's...and you're making my cheeks blush :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Using RentalCars you can get the cheapest car hire from over 49,000 locations globally.

    ReplyDelete