Kawaii Linen Bag with Felt Deer Silhouette


Hi All ~  For the past few days I have been working on this linen bag that I simply adore.  I added a felt silhouette of a deer and his friend the blue bird ( my fav theme) which took a bit of time to hand sew. I like 'noise' when I craft so I usually have the TV on to keep me company.  I admit I sometimes spend way too much time surfing the channels instead of focusing on my project.  hmmm...this could explain why it takes me so long to finish anything!


The linen gives the bag its naturalness ... soft and wrinkly.  The strap wraps from the back of the bag to the front and is adorned with a cotton twill tape with sashiko threading.

One thing I struggle with is how much embellishments to add to a project.  I'm leaning towards the KISS principle...where simple is good.  So in making this bag, I held back on adding buttons, stitching, etc. And I'm totally happy with how it came out!  You can find this bag in my www.zakkainspired.etsy.com

...and I had the perfect fabric to make more kawaii rabbit bags...I never tire making these bags...so kawaii neh?..These bags are now in my kodomo: kids etsy shop:  www.happyhappydiy.etsy.com 

pink eyes
blue eyes
 hope you all had a great weekend.!

2 comments:

  1. I love that bunny tote bag, it's so cute!

    I've been hooked with your blog all day, everything you make is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maritza ..thank you for visiting! Do you sew? .. Check out the tutorial page for this rabbit bag to make one too. :o)

    ReplyDelete