A Zakka Inspired Christmas Wreath

Hubby : What are you making?
Me : An acorn
Hubby : glances at me with a smile that says it all : 'crazy lady' : Acorn???
Me : Yeah, it's for the wreath I'm making. You know the one with the mushrooms.
Hubby : no response...except for another smile

This is just the kind of reaction that stops me from telling other family members and friends about what I do..in my craft room and on the web. Yup, I live a secret life. Oh, folks know that I craft but they don't know that I dabble in Japanese style crafting to share on the web. They wouldn't understand. They would take one look at what I make and remark..."what's that for?"

I once told someone that crafting makes me happy. And ... I got one of those 'looks'. This is why I love the internet. It's like I finally found a place for my style of crafting..where it's appreciated..where I can share...and connect...and to simply be happy with who I am and what I do.

This is the zakka inspired wreath I made for Christmas...using my nylon stocking snowman, a few nuts transformed into acorns, and felt mushrooms.  I love it. 




Thank you for being a part of my secret life....

No comments:

Post a Comment