I Heart Embroidery

 A simple Russian doll ... my interpretation using felt and free hand embroidery.  I love embroidery work...and the simpler the better for my hands.

 Here's a couple of pouches that I made for my etsy shop

Kawaii Embroidered Pouch




Musical Tweet Embroidered Pouch
Working on this project took my memories to a time when I attended Japanese Language school at the urging of my parents.  I am so glad that they did.  Knowing how to read and write simple Japanese characters and understanding a few words makes me feel connected to my heritage.  And hey, now I can use what I learned back then in crafting projects...how great is that?!?

The Bird and Flowers are rubber stamp images from Imaginisce.  These simple images lend themselves well to an embroidery project.  

I'm anxious to do more of these!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy to have found your blog. There seems to be so few Hawaii bloggers and even fewer craft ones.

    Your work is amazing. And thanks for all the great tutorials!

    -myra (www.mylittlemochi.typepad.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Myra ~~ DOOMO ARIGATO GOZAIMASU ... and oh yeah, MAHALO...heh.

    ReplyDelete