When Life Gives You Lemons

It's hard to imagine your child with a life threatening illness.  I've been there, filled with fears of the what ifs and the what is to be's, dealing with the aftermath of treatments, and the ever presence threat of re-occurrences.  We are all right today.  Enough so as to move through life normally except for emotional hiccups.

Today I am wrapping gifts for a family of kids that I've never met.  I became their pen pal when I signed up to send handmade cards to siblings of kids with a life threatening illness.  When the organization closed their doors and I informed mom that cards were no longer coming, my pen pal Greg, who was about 7 years old at that time, feared that something bad happened to me.  I was taken aback.  How could I have been so insensitive?  Here was wee Greg with a sibling undergoing treatment for cancer when I suddenly say, "sorry, but no more cards for you, bud".  Uggh to me!

So I continue to send cards and gifts to Greg and now to his brother and sister as well.  I like being their pen pal, sharing stories of Hawaii, my trips, and family.  This is definitely a good thing.

Perfect Summer "Happy Un-Birthday" Gifts


A little house wrapping for Julia's Book

A happy cat for Greg's book

A 'quilted' wrapping for Thomas's Book

The wrappings are fashioned out of a brown paper sack and paper scraps.  I love how they turned out.  I love that paper crafting allows me to 'simply' create.  And if I don't like, I just toss it and start again.

When life deals you lemon... *LIVE * LAUGH * SHARE * ... & CRAFT!

No comments:

Post a Comment